Matthias Gidda

How do you leverage OBS to make better plans?

How you set up your "Organizational Breakdown Structure" (OBS) in Meisterplan will greatly impact how you get an overview over what your company is working on, and how to make good plans. When talking to clients, it becomes clear that, while most set up their organization's departments or locations as part of their OBS, the rest of their OBS structure can differ greatly. We've seen Teams, Roles, and even Skills as a part of a customer's OBS in Meisterplan.

Of course, how to best set this up will depend on the type and size of your organization - but I'd really like to know how you guys do this? What does your OBS structure look like?

Hi Matthias,

I have been working on imputing my company's OBS structure into Meisterplan but now I want to display the OBS structure using Reports. As of now I have created a "Pivot&Charts:Projects, Allocations, and Capacities" but I don't think it is the most effective way of showing the structure. Since not every department has the same number of levels (filtered as Department 1, Department 2, Department 3 in Meisterplan) I am getting a lot of "No Value" tabs in my Report. Another issue I am continuously running into is that when I filter to just show "Resource Names" but Roles appear as well. Therefore, I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to visually show the OBS chart in Meisterplan and only filter to show "Resources" and no roles. 

Edited by Fiona