Claus Spruch

Additional Report with Capacity & Allocation in one graph

Maybe I missed it, but I would like to be able to show allocation and capacity in a Meisterplan report. Pretty much it is similar to the ressource graph on the main screen. 

I know that there is net-report, giving the numbers between capacity and allocation, but colleagues here are used to this graphical presentation of "over/under-load".

Would this be possible to have a report with allocation in e.g. stapled bars and allocation in a single line?

Thanks!

Hello Claus,

Have you tried using a "Pivot & Charts" report of the type "Capacities"? This type of report provides values for allocation, (total) capacity, remaining capacity, net capacity, and over-allocation, which can be shown by resource and date.

The fields are described in detail on https://help.meisterplan.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004375314-Pivot-Charts-Capacities

Does this answer your question?

Hello @Fabian Zeitvogel,

thanks for your answer. Yeah, I know this report with Capacities and Allocation. But you always get two graphs. My goal is to get one graph with Allocation as stapled bars and corresponding capacities as a line to see the gap. I just had a chat with @Thomas Quandt about it. Maybe you can have a short talk with him.

Thanks,

Claus

Hello Claus,

The integrated reporting functionality of Meisterplan cannot display bar and line plots in the same diagram. You could of course use the field "net capacity" to visualize the gap. In addition, the visualization you describe would not be too hard to achieve using a BI tool like Tableau or Power BI - have you considered this option?

Hello Fabian,

we have a third-party tool running for this visualization. It´s more a question of convenience for the users here not to use an additional tool.

Anyway, no big issue for us, thanks a lot for explaining.

Claus