Alexia

Import from Excel - Freezing edit possibilities while mass upload

Hey Meisters !

I would like to export to Excel in order to make a quick update on a long list of project (but not all of them). Then, for the import I am not quite confident in the "keep and update" feature as I am afraid that if people do some modification in the meatime, it will not be kept.

Do you have a solution ? Is it possible to freeze the edit rights for non admin users ?

Thanks a lot

Hi @Alexia,

Currently, it is not possible to "lock-out" existing users from Meisterplan for a specific time period. However, I think that this is a very good feature request. I checked in our system and the idea already exists in our Backlog. We will evaluate the possibilities and keep you updated on the subject.

For the moment, I would recommend you to notify all Meisterplan-users in your company e.g. by mail that you will perform the import and that they should not make changes in Meisterplan during that time (=maintenance window). 

To make sure that no one made changes that will get lost, I propose the following (thanks to @Thomas Quandt for the idea):

1. Create a scenario called "Alexias backup" before you export to excel

2. Make the adjustments in excel

3. Before you import back to Meisterplan: Use the scenario comparison report (https://help.meisterplan.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004353033-Scenario-Comparison-Report) to compare "Alexias backup" to the plan of record. This way you will see if anyone made changes during the maintenance window.

Does that help?

Regards

Manuel

Hi @Manuel Schneider and @Thomas Quandt,

Indeed thanks for the trick, I think that will help in the meantime :)

I tried anyway the keep and replace function, I just wanted to add some information on 2 custom fields, so I made a test with 3 projects. So I exported to Excel, deleted everything that I did not need in the excel file, completed these 2 columns for the 3 projects left, imported them. I realized that after the import, all the project were below the cut off line. What did I miss ? Do you have recommendation with these mass upload ? Should I leave all the information from the export and add the new info without deleting the projects I don't want to update ?

Great to see that our needs are heard and soon transformed into features :) 

Hi @Alexia,

In general, the excel file includes a sheet which determines the rank of the projects.

It is difficult to discuss detail without actually seeing the file. If you want, we can take a look at the detail personally - just send the file to me if you are interested :)

Regards

Manuel