almirz

Simple Table Report (Not Pivot) that is friendly with text fields

Hi All,

Relatively new user of Meisterplan here.

One functionality that I noticed seems to be missing from Meisterplan is the ability to develop reports that look like simple tables of data. Not talking about a pivot report, because pivot reports are not very friendly with text/string values but talking about a simple table.

Something that allows users to create a report and output something as simple as the attached image in excel or any other form.

I tried using the existing reports features and couldn't make much progress as pivot reports do not allow text data to be reported out as "values".

I also tried the plan of record excel export and that unfortunately does not show project manager name, program name, business goal in projects worksheet which means I would have to do some manual work to get the system to report out something that might work for me.

I think Meisterplan is a PPM tool and the report that I am talking about would help portfolio managers develop custom dashboards/reports for senior management that only focus on project information, timelines and health.

Please let me know if you have found a workaround to this!

1.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

Hello Almirz,

Thanks for your post. This is an interesting and valid question! You are right, within Meisterplan you won't find a plain report like in your description. There might be other ways available though which I'd like to share with you. 

First of all, I think you tried to use the Excel Pivot Report already, correct? Nevertheless, I want to share this information with you here: https://help.meisterplan.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004352933-Excel-Pivot-Report

- Accessing the Meisterplan reporting database using ODBC: in Meisterplan you can activate external reporting which allows you to access the reporting database using an ODBC connection. We have some detailed documentation available here: https://help.meisterplan.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004374594-Reporting-with-Microsoft-Excel 

- Connecting external BI tools like Power BI or Tableau: I am aware that this requires more implementation and configuration effort but in case you want to use and establish customized reports it is possible to connect external BI software. Therefore, we provide documentation and templates which are available here: https://help.meisterplan.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004374674-Reporting-with-Microsoft-Power-BI-Desktop 

I am excited to receive your feedback on this!

Thanks,

Achim